Black Panther, the latest movie from the Marvel universe is a bona fide smash hit. In fact, the four-day opening of Black Panther netted $242 million in ticket sales, according to a report from The Hollywood Reporter. Consequently, Black Panther is now the second-highest grossing film of all time when looking at 4-day openings.
With Black Panther hitting the $242 million mark, it just barely edged out Star Wars: The Last Jedi which netted $241 in ticket sales in its first four days of availability. Not surprisingly, the best 4-day opening of all time is a Star Wars vehicle, with Star Wars: The Force Awakens having generated a whopping $288 billion in ticket sales during its first four days in the theater.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s crazy how much better the Fire TV Stick and Roku Stick are with this simple $20 accessory
- A mattress topper that basically turns any bed into a cloud is Amazon’s deal of the day
Trending Right Now:
- New leak reaffirms the worst news we’ve heard about Samsung’s Galaxy S9
- New website tracks Musk’s Tesla Roadster and Starman as they fly through space
- Dog food recall: Here are all the brands and products being withdrawn
‘Black Panther’ tops ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ with record-breaking $242 million 4-day opening originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 12:32:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
via Boy Genius Report http://bgr.com
February 20, 2018 at 11:32AM